Rigatoni pasta in a rosé sauce made from tomato paste, heavy cream, and cooked down with spicy Italian sausage. My go to pasta recipe that can be made in 20 minutes or less.
Spicy Rosé Rigatoni
- 300 g rigatoni pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lbs spicy Italian sausage
- 1 shallot
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2.5 tbsp tomato paste
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a high heat pan then add chopped shallots and garlic into the pan to cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add spicy Italian sausage and cook for 3 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Add tomato paste and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream and stir until sauce is smooth and thickens. (about 3 minutes)
- Add cooked pasta along with 1/4 cup of pasta water and fully incorporate the sauce with rigatoni.
- Top with parmesan and basil.