Crispy Roast Potatoes
These crispy oven roasted potatoes are a really simple recipe that will have you craving potatoes everyday. The crispy outside and soft inside combined with a garlic rosemary aroma is something I have dreams about. I make this at every family gathering and it is always the star of the show.
Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- 5 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp neutral oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and peel your potatoes.
- Cut them into quarters so that there are two flat sides and one round side to the potato.
- Preheat your cast iron pan in the oven at 425F. You may also use a large metal baking dish.
- Boil a pot of water with salt and baking soda.
- Boil your potatoes for 10 minutes then drain to cool. They should have soft and slightly mushy edges but don't fall apart.
- Once the pan has been preheated, coat the entire bottom of it with a neutral oil. (I used avocado oil)
- Lay one of the two flat sides of the potato on the pan then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes onto the other flat side to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. You'll know its ready when both sides are beautifully golden brown.
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic, and rosemary.
- Stir potatoes in the olive oil mixture while still in the hot pan. This will create an aroma in your house that will have everyone running down hungry.
- Toss potatoes in a bowl with salt then enjoy!