Soy Glazed Chicken (Airfryer)
If you are one of the people who ask for more easy air fryer recipes then this one is for you. This soy glazed chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner and can be prepared in 25 minutes. I elected to use chicken thighs with the skin on for this because it tends to stay more moist.
My airfryer is probably the appliance that I use the most next to my rice cooker. At the core of it, an airfryer is nothing special, it’s just a miniaturized convection oven. However, since it is so small compared to a regular oven, it heats up much faster and more evenly. It is much smaller than a regular oven which also means it is portable.
As a college student, I found that the air fryer was super convenient to use, since most of my meals were single portion anyways. Most also come with many features such as a dehydrate or reheating options.
Key ingredients and tips for the perfect soy glazed chicken
Meat: Chicken thighs with the bone and skin on are always my preference because they stay more moist when cooking. Chicken breasts will work too, however, I would not recommend this because chicken breasts tend to overcook very quickly and easily.
Temperature: Always bring you meat up to room temperature before cooking. This is a very simple trick that ensures your meat is cooked evenly. I do this for chicken, beef, fish, pork, and really any other proteins.
Dark soy sauce: I put dark soy sauce in the glaze which is completely optional. However, if you want a more beautiful dark color on your chicken then I would recommend adding it.
Soy Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
Chicken + seasoning
- 4 skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- Mix your seasonings into a bowl then add olive oil and mix until paste forms.
- Rub the seasoning into your chicken thighs and cook in the air fryer at 365F for 15 minutes. If you don't have an air fryer, use an oven at 400F for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine your glaze ingredients in a bowl.
- After 15 minutes, take the chicken out and brush with the glaze.
- Cook for 3 more minutes in the air fryer or oven to get the honey caramelized.
- I like to top with parsley and eat with fried rice.
If you enjoyed this, check out some more quick and easy recipes here: