Let me satisfy your sweet cravings with this fudgy molten chocolate lava cake. This rich, chocolatey dessert is perfect for any occasion. Check out the video for a special guest appearance on her birthday.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler until smooth.
- Whisk 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, and ¼ cup sugar until double in volume (5-10 minutes).
- Mix chocolate with egg mixture and add a pinch of salt.
- Slowly fold in 2 tbsp of flour until you cannot see any more flour.
- Butter and lightly flour your bowls then will them up about ¾ full (4 – 6 oz bowls).
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes (cook for longer if you prefer more cake and shorter if you prefer more undercooked center).
- Let it rest in the bowls for 3 minutes then run a knife along the edges, and flip onto a serving plate.
- Top with powdered sugar and ice cream!