A traditional dessert made with glutinous rice seasoned with coconut milk and sugar, and accompanied with some fresh slices of mango. This dessert is quick and easy to make with very minimal ingredients. I could personally eat rice every meal, so for all you carb lovers, this dessert is for you.
Mango Sticky Rice
A beautiful combination of seasoned sticky rice and sweet mangos topped with a coconut milk sauce.
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Cook sticky rice
- Wash rice thoroughly with water.
- Place 1 cup of sticky rice in a bowl with 1 cup of water and steam for 25 minutes. This is a method my Mom taught me and it works every time, no need to soak the rice for hours either!
- To make our coconut sauce, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and salt into a saucepan over medium heat then cook until sugar has dissolved.
- Mix 3/4 of the sauce in with our cooked sticky rice and let the rice soak up the sauce for 5 minutes.
- Add corn starch to the remaining amount of the sauce and cook over medium until it thickens and becomes a glaze.
- Assemble your sticky rice with the mangos, top with the coconut milk glaze, and finish with some toasted sesame seeds.