No word of a lie, this was the best fried chicken sandwich I’ve ever had in my life. There were so many explosions of flavours going on I can’t even describe them all. Give it a try and I am confident that you will not be able to taste anything like this anywhere else.
If you want to make your own buns like I did, check out this recipe here for homemade milk bread buns!
Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 burger buns
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup potato starch or corn starch
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1½ tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- Make gochujang sauce by combining all ingredients into a saucepan then simmering for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together dry batter ingredients.
- Separately mix wet batter ingredients.
- Coat chicken thighs in dry batter.
- Drop chicken into wet batter.
- Coat once more into the dry batter.
- Fry at 350°F for 6-8 minutes.
- Mix together ingredients to make spicy mayo.
- Assemble the sandwich by toasting burger buns, add sauce, chicken, coat in gochujang sauce, top with kimchi and green onions.
Check out this recipe for the buns:
Check out some of our other fried chicken recipes!