Definitely one of the best kinds of fried rice out there. Kimchi gives fried rice such a strong flavour. A little spicy but it gives the rice just enough moisture as well. So next time you have some older kimchi that you don’t know how to use it up, I highly recommend this recipe.
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 cups day old rice
- 1 cup kimchi
- 3 slices bacon (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 tbsp gochugaru
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 2 stalks green onions (diced)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Fried eggs
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cook rice as instructed and leave this in the fridge overnight.
- In a pan, toss in your bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, throw in the garlic and shallots and cook until slightly browned.
- Throw in the kimchi along with kimchi juice if you have from the container.
- Add in the gochugaru and mix well.
- Add the day-old rice.
- Finally, add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix everything together.
- Cook your egg any way you want it and assemble this onto the rice.
- Top with green onions or add mozzarella cheese!