In my opinion, crispy fish tacos are one of the best options at any tacos spot. They’re usually the most difficult to mess up. All you need are fish, flour, seasonings, and beer or carbonated water. The toppings are really optional but I like mine with a purple cabbage slaw, crispy garlic, and chopped apples.
Crispy Fish Tacos
Crispy fish tacos are one of the best creations ever.
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 lb cod fillet
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 165 ml beer or carbonated water
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- crispy garlic
- chopped apples
- Cut cod into smaller 5 inch pieces.1 lb cod fillet
- In a bowl mix together, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. This is your seasoning flour.½ cup flour, ½ tbsp salt, ½ tbsp garlic powder, ½ tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp black pepper
- Add your cut cod into the flour, dust, and set aside.
- Into your remaining seasoning flour add carbonated water or beer. This is your wet batter.165 ml beer or carbonated water
- Heat up oil to 365F.
- Drop your fish into the wet batter and fry in oil for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Into a bowl add all coleslaw ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.2 cups shredded purple cabbage, 2 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp salt
- Mix together mayo and sriracha.¼ cup mayo, 1 tbsp sriracha
- Assemble your taco with the corn tortillas, coleslaw, fish, sauce, crispy garlic, and apples.10 corn tortillas, crispy garlic, chopped apples