This super simple and delicious cheesy gochujang garlic bread will be the next hit at your party. It combines all the classic ingredients and steps of a traditional garlic bread except we are making a gochujang garlic butter. The cheese is totally up to personal preference as well, but I opted for fresh mozzarella and a chipotle cheddar. You will be able to put this together from start to finish in about 20 minutes.
Ingredients for gochujang garlic butter
Softened unsalted butter
It is important to used softened unsalted butter for a few reasons. Firstly, since we are mixing multiple ingredients together, it is important that the butter has been softened. How I like to do this is by cutting the butter into smaller pieces then leaving them out at room temp for about 1 hour. I always prefer unsalted butter so that I can alter salt levels to taste myself.
Gochujang in cheesy gochujang garlic bread
Gochujang is a type of spicy Korean bean paste that is used as our main flavor component for this butter. It is red in color and adds spice, salt, smokiness, and a slight sweetness to dishes. It is also commonly used a base for popular Korean stews and sauces. Here is the brand I use and how much I add to the butter (about 3 tbsp).
Garlic is extremely important as well but a little goes a long way in this butter. I grated 3 cloves into my butter using a microplane.
Parsley in cheesy gochujang garlic bread
Parsley is great for color and added freshness to the butter. I used curly parsley but flat leaf parsley works just as well.
A very self explanatory ingredient, I like to add my salt to taste with the butter.
Cheesy Gochujang Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- mozzarella cheese (as needed)
- chipotle cheddar (as needed)
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp gochujang
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- In a bowl mix together softened butter with the remaining butter ingredients.2 sticks softened unsalted butter, 3 tbsp gochujang, 3 cloves garlic, 1 handful parsley, 1 tsp salt
- Cut your loaf of bread in half horizontally, then spread on your gochujang garlic butter.1 loaf French bread
- If you want the bread to be crispier, first bake the bread at 420F for 8 minutes. Then sprinkle on the cheese and continue to bake again until the cheese is fully melted. (probably another 5-10 minutes)mozzarella cheese, chipotle cheddar
- If you want the faster and less crispy method, sprinkle on your cheese immediately and bake at 420F for 20-25 minutes or until fully melted.mozzarella cheese, chipotle cheddar
- Top with more parsley and enjoy!1 handful parsley
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out some more here: