This panko crusted shrimp coated in a Thai sweet chili mayo sauce will be one of the best shrimp recipes you’ve ever tried.
Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp (U21-25 preferred)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup kewpie mayo
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Always start by deveining and peel the shrimp then giving them a good rinse under the sink.
- Season the shrimp with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt, then pour in the buttermilk.
- Take the shrimp out of the buttermilk to coat in plain flour.
- Throw shrimp back into the buttermilk mixture.
- Completely coat in panko bread crumbs.
- Fry in 365F oil for 2-3 minutes, they should come out super crispy and golden.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl then coat shrimp in the sauce.
- Top with chives or green onions!
Check out some of our other shrimp recipes!