Combining two of my favorite things in life, crispy fried shrimp and ramen noodles. If you are skeptical about the flavor combination, let me explain why it works. We combine the sweet and creamy bang bang sauce with the savory and umami ramen seasoning packet. This creates an unbelievable combination of creamy, sweet, and umami bowl of noodles.
Important steps of breading bang bang shrimp
Step 1: peel and devein shrimp
When preparing your shrimp, make sure to peel and devein them to make sure they are clean easy to work with. I used U16 shrimp but you can use any size for this recipe.
Step 2: submerge in buttermilk and seasonings
Submerging the shrimp in buttermilk and seasonings is quite self explanatory. This will season the shrimp and create a wet batter for the breading.
Step 3: coat shrimp in flour for bang bang shrimp ramen
Placing our shrimp into flour will create a layer of dryness that will yield a better batter afterwards.
Step 4: coat shrimp back in buttermilk
Shrimp goes back into buttermilk which will is what allows the panko to bind onto the shrimp evenly and well.
Step 5: coat shrimp in panko bread crumbs
When placing shrimp into the panko bread crumbs you want to make sure to press and pack it in tightly. This will yield the best fry and ensure it doesn’t break apart afterwards.
Bang Bang Shrimp Ramen
- 1 lb shrimp (U16)
- 2 cups buttermilks
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ½ flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ½ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 package ramen (I used shin)
- Peel and devein shrimp.1 lb shrimp
- Submerge shrimp in buttermilk and seasonings.2 cups buttermilks, ½ tbsp garlic powder, ½ tbsp onion powder, ½ tbsp paprika, ½ tbsp salt, 1 tbsp sriracha
- Coat shrimp in flour, dip back into the buttermilk, then cover and pack in panko breadcrumbs.½ flour, 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Fry at 350F for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients.⅔ cup mayo, ½ cup Thai sweet chili sauce, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Toss fried shrimp in the sauce and top with chives.chives
- Cook your package of ramen noodles.1 package ramen
- Add 2 tbsp of bang bang sauce into the noodles along with half of the seasoning packet. Mix well and top with shrimp.
If you enjoyed this bang bang shrimp ramen recipe, check out some more here: