These Vietnamese springs rolls are easy, flavorful, and healthy. The beauty of this dish is that you can customize it by putting really anything you want inside. Some essential ingredients for my spring rolls are mango, basil, and mint.
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
An easy, fresh, and healthy recipe you can put together in 30 minutes.
- 1 package rice paper
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 150 g rice noodles
- 2 ripe mangos
- 15 thai basil leaves
- 15 mint leaves
- 1 can mango puree
- 1 lb shrimp (u20-25)
- Begin by cutting your fruits and vegetables into thin slices. I cut my carrots a little too thick and it made the spring rolls harder to bite into.
- Place your shrimp into hot water and once the pot comes back up to a boil, strain and set aside.
- Repeat the same steps as the shrimp to cook the rice noodles.
- Submerge a piece of rice paper into warm water then begin to assemble. (only submerge for 1-2 seconds)
- I start with cucumbers, carrots, and rice noodles.
- Then add the mint and basil on top along with some mango puree.
- Place the shrimp and mango in front then begin to fold the rice paper.
- I always start rolling opposite side of the shrimp so that the shrimp ends up being the most visible at the very end.
- Instead of a peanut sauce I prefer dipping in more mango puree.