Tres leches cake is definitely the most forgiving cake recipe out there. It is guaranteed to be moist in the center even if you accidently overcook the cake. I am not the biggest baker, but this was the best cake I have ever made.
Tres Leches Cake
- 1 9 inch cake pan
- 1 hand mixer (or stand mixer)
- 5 large eggs (separate yolk and whites)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 box strawberries
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Separate the egg yolks and white from 5 eggs.
- Pour ½ cup sugar into the egg yolks and mix with hand mixer for 5 minutes or until volume increases by 50%.
- Pour in vanilla extract and milk then mix until combined it will only take 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg whites with the remaining ¼ cup of sugar then whisk with hand mixer until stiff peaks form. (5-10 minutes)
- Using a spatula, fold together the egg yolk mixture with the whipped egg whites until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt in batches then fold until combined. Make sure there is no more flour visible.
- Place into your cake pan lines with parchment paper and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Use a toothpick to make sure it is cooked through then allow the cake to cool down for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, use a fork to poke holes into the cake.
- In a separate bowl combine the milk mixture ingredients then begin to pour the whole mixture onto the cake making sure you give it time to soak. Place in fridge for at least 1 hour to soak.
- To make whipping cream just place the heavy cream in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Once ready to eat, spread layer of whipped cream on top of the cake, dust with cinnamon, and top wit strawberries.