Calling all my coffee lovers out there. The ultimate dessert to go with a nice cup of coffee. This recipe is also alcohol-free, so feel free to make this as a family-friendly dessert for kids of all ages.
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese (475 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pack ladyfingers
- 1½ cups strong coffee or espresso (optional to add rum or brandy)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar then place over simmering water and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Whip in 1 cup of heavy cream until firm peaks are formed.
- Fold the cream into the cheese mixture.
- Dip the ladyfingers into strong, room temperature espresso (optionally add rum or brandy) for about 2 seconds, then layer them on the bottom of your tray.
- Cover the lady fingers with a layer of the filling, then repeat once more.
- Dust with cocoa powder and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Dust with more cocoa powder before eating and enjoy!