We know you love sushi and burgers. But what about smashing them together and making a sushi burger? Sushi burger: the best of both worlds. Can’t ask for anything more. Not only does this taste amazing but it’s also such very aesthetically pleasing. Rice buns were also a gamechanger.
- 200 g rice vinegar
- 80 g sugar
- 36 g salt
- 10 g mirin
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 16 oz sashimi of choice
- ½ stalk green onions (diced)
- 1 tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 Jalapeño (sliced)
- Cook rice as instructed.
- Make the sushi rice seasoning by combining rest of the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until all the sugar has dissolved. (Add ¼ cup of seasoning per 1 cup of cooked rice. So for this recipe, I would add ½ cup.)
- Once your rice has cooled down to room temperate, add in this sushi rice seasoning sauce and mix until well incorporated. Do not overmix as you don't want your rice to turn mushy.
- Compress the rice in a flat dish and place in the freezer for 30 minutes until hardened.
- Using a cup or cookie cutter, cut out the shape of your sushi rice buns. Make sure to wet the cookie cutter edge so that rice doesn’t stick.
- Cook the rice in a pan with a shallow layer of oil until golden and crispy on both sides.
- Finely dice your sashimi and mix with the kewpie mayo, sriracha, sesame oil, and green onions.
- Assemble burger with avocado and Jalapeños.