The lemon pepper wing trend has been here for a while and I finally got a chance to try them. The tangy lemon combined with a slightly sweet and pepper after-taste is a combination to die for. I will certainly be making these again and I hope you enjoy!
Lemon Pepper Wings
This is a really simple and delicious way to make lemon pepper wings at home.
- 1½ lbs chicken wings (drums and flats)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup flour
- ½ stick butter (4 tbsp)
- ⅔ tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ small lemon
- 2 tbsp favorite hot sauce (optional but recommend)
- Pat dry your chicken wings with a paper towel.
- Mix the seasonings in with the chicken.
- Coat chicken in flour.
- Fry at 350F for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Alternatively, you can air fry for 13 minutes at 375F.
- Melt butter in a pan then add the lemon pepper seasoning, honey, lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon, the zest from that lemon, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow this to simmer on a pan for 3 minutes.
- Toss the sauce in the chicken and I would recommend adding 3 tbsp of your favorite hot sauce at the very end. I didn't end up doing this in the video but tried it after and it was bomb.