I don’t know anyone who hasn’t had instant ramen at least once in my life. For me personally, I have this at least twice a week (might not be the healthiest decisions in life). BUT, sometimes (even for me), instant ramen can get a little… boring? Basic? So. Let me show you how I level up my instant ramen game with the hack of a few of my favourite ingredients.
Instant Ramen (Leveled Up)
You can really spice up your ramen with a few extra ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge. It may take a little extra time and therefore be contradicting behind the idea of "instant" ramen but this hack will be your next best friend.
- 2 packs instant ramen of your choice
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices Spam
- 1 egg (soft-boiled or however you like your eggs)
- 1 tbsp kimchi (garnish)
- 1 sheet nori (sliced for garnish)
- 1 tbsp green onion (garnish)
- Prepare your garlic by tossing them in olive oil on a pan until they turn golden brown and crispy. Set aside and keep the oil in the pan.
- Prepare your egg by either using the oil from cooking the garlic or soft boiling them in a pot. Set aside.
- Prepare your spam by pan-frying them in the same pan as the garlic. Set aside.
- Cook ramen as instructed on package.
- Assemble all your ingredients in a bowl on top of the ramen. Garnish with kimchi, nori, and green onions.