The crispiest hash browns you’ll ever have. A must-have breakfast item.
Arguably the MVP of a breakfast spread. The best hash brown recipe you'll ever come across.
- 1 Russet potato
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Peel and grate whole potato.
- Soak in cold water for 30 minutes then drain.
- Cook the grated potato in beef tallow or any or oil for 20 minutes on medium heat or until the potatoes have softened.
- Take the potatoes out of the oil and season with a mixture of corn starch, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Shape and lightly compress the potatoes into any shape, I would recommend keeping it around 1/3 of an inch thick.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Fry at 350°F for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Season with salt as needed.