This easy beef stir fry is extremely flavorful and easy to make for your weeknight dinners. In my video, I timed myself to see how fast it takes to make from start to finish. The beef stir fry only took me 25 minutes total but the rice made the total time about 28 minutes. That is still under 30 minutes so I’m taking it as a W.
What type of meat for easy beef stir fry?
You can use many different cuts of beef for this stir fry dish. My favorites are striploin, filet, and flank steak. If you decide to use flank, I would recommend cutting it into strips instead of cubes. The cut I used in my video is a striploin steak. It has great flavor and stays tender if not overcooked.
What vegetables to add?
Bell peppers are a must for any stir fry in my opinion. They add crunch, sweetness and color. The amount used for this only equals about 1 whole large bell pepper. But since I wanted three different colors, I used 1/3 from each bell peppers. You will want to cut them up into 1 inch cubes.
Onion in easy beef stir fry
Onions also add an insane amount of fragrance to any stir fry. I used red onions but if you want something more subtle then use a yellow onion instead. No need to use a lot, I only cut about 1/3 of a large red onion into the same sized cubes as the peppers.
Rough chopped garlic
Garlic is a must as well, the more the better and I used about 6 cloves. I like to rough chop my garlic instead on mincing because garlic tends to burn faster than the other vegetables we add into the wok. If you mince them up too fine, they will burn in less than 30 seconds before the other vegetable are cooked.
What type of dark soy sauce for easy beef stir fry?
For so many of the recipes I post, I use dark soy sauce and I always get questions like “what’s the difference between dark and regular?”. Regular soy sauce is used to to add salt and umami flavors to a dish. It can also mildly change the color of thing. Dark soy sauce is not as salty as regular soy sauce but is much darker and has a thicker consistency. It is mainly added to savory dishes to add color and umami. The only brand of dark soy sauce I use is pearl river bridge.
Easy Beef Stir Fry
- 1.5 lbs striploin steak
- ⅓ red bell pepper
- ⅓ green bell pepper
- ⅓ yellow bell pepper
- ⅓ large red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Prepare all your vegetables by slicing your peppers and onions into 1 inch squares, then rough chopping all the garlic. Set aside for later.⅓ red bell pepper, ⅓ green bell pepper, ⅓ yellow bell pepper, ⅓ large red onion, 6 cloves garlic
- Cut your steak into small ¾ inch cubes.1.5 lbs striploin steak
- Heat up your wok or pan over high heat then add some oil. Sear your steak and cook for 2 minutes and remove. The steak will cook very quickly since they are thinly sliced and you definitely don't want to overcook.1.5 lbs striploin steak
- Prepare your corn starch slurry by mixing water with corn starch.2 tbsp water, 2 tsp corn starch
- Add some more oil if needed then begin to sauté your veggies in the wok for 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, and black pepper. To make life easier you can pre-mix your sauce beforehand.3 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, ½ tbsp black pepper
- After about 1 minute, once the sauce has warmed up, add your beef back in, stir for 2 more minutes to coat in the sauce then remove from heat and serve with chives.
If you enjoyed this, check out some more easy recipes here: