Without a doubt, one of the best types of tacos out there. This will give you an explosion of flavors from the meat to the tortillas and even to the toppings. Not the fastest recipe to make but definitely worth the wait. Not your average taco Tuesday.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- ½ large onion (diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (diced)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1¾ L beef broth
- 4 guajillo chilies
- 2 chili de arbol
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup shredded Mozarrella
- 10 corn tortillas
- Sear meat on each side until browned and remove from pot.
- Cook the onions until softened then add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, chilies, bay leaves, cinnamon, oregano, and beef back into the pot to bring up to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- After 1 hour, take out all the chilies and place into a blender with a ⅓ cup of that beef broth. Blend until it turns into a puree and pour this into the pot to simmer for another 2 hours until meat is tender.
- Shred the meat and assemble your taco.
How I assemble my taco:
- Take your corn tortilla and dip this into the broth, ensuring you're covering both sides with the broth.
- Place the tortilla right on the hot pan, add mozzarella, a scoop of your shredded meat, a spoonful of that broth on top, diced onions, and cilantro.
- After 2 minutes or until the bottom of the tortilla is golden, fold your tortilla into a taco shape and press it down gently.
- Flip this once more and plate.
- Top it off with some more onions, cilantro, and don't forget to dip in the sauce!