Today we combine the iconic birria tacos with slider buns to create birria sliders. Birria is one of my favorite type of taco which combines braised beef with cheese and the delicious consume. It is surprisingly easy to make at home if you have a few hours to spare. One of the best parts is that you can make it in a large batch which you can serve at parties.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 large onion (half for broth and half for garnish)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1¾ L beef broth
- 2 guajillo chilies
- 2 chili de arbol
- 2 pasilla peppers
- 3 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozarella
- 1 package sweet rolls
- Sear meat on each side until browned and remove from pot.3 lb chuck roast
- Cook the onions until softened then add garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes.1 large onion, 5 cloves garlic, 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Add beef broth, chilies, bay leaves, cinnamon, oregano, and beef back into the pot to bring up to a simmer and cover with a lid. Place in oven at 350F for 1 hour.1¾ L beef broth, 2 guajillo chilies, 2 chili de arbol, 2 pasilla peppers, 3 chipotle in adobo sauce, 3 bay leaves, 1 stick cinnamon, 1 tbsp oregano
- After 1 hour, take out all the chilies, onions, garlic and place into a blender with a ⅓ cup of that beef broth. Blend until it turns into a puree and pour this into the pot to simmer for another 1.5 hours until meat is tender.
- Shred the meat and set aside.
- Cut your sweet rolls in half, then assemble the sliders by adding our shredded meat, diced onions, and mozzarella cheese.1 cup shredded mozarella, 1 package sweet rolls, 1 large onion
- Place top bun on top then optionally brush with butter and bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Top with cilantro and more diced onions. Serve sliders with remaining broth in the both.cilantro, 1 large onion
If you enjoyed this, check out some more recipes here: