French toast… but threw in a little twist making it HK-style French toast. Once you taste this, you won’t want to go back to regular French Toast.
HK-Style French Toast
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tbsp milk
- 2 cups corn oil
- 1 slice butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
Egg Wash Mixture
- Combine both eggs and the milk together.
- Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Grab 2 slices of white bread and spread the peanut butter on each slice, then sandwich them together.
- Cut the crust off all sides of the bread.
- Dip the bread into the egg wash mixture, making sure all sides of the sandwich are coated.
- Immediately shallow fry in the oil at 300°F. Start with the edges for about 15 min per side and move on to the top and bottom until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and pat it dry.
- Top it off with a slice of butter and drizzle some of that golden syrup on top!