This French hot chocolate is extremely rich and decadent and it only takes 4 ingredients to make. It is a thicker consistency which is perfect with some croissants or another type of pastry. You can also optionally add some vanilla or coffee flavor depending on your personal preference.
French Hot Chocolate
- 250 g 70% dark chocolate (and more for garnish)
- 3½ cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- whipped cream
- Chop up your dark chocolate into fine pieces.250 g 70% dark chocolate
- Heat up your milk over the stove until it begins to foam and steam.3½ cups whole milk
- Add your chocolate, sugar, and salt.250 g 70% dark chocolate, 3 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp salt
- Continue to stir until it reaches your desired consistency and it looks smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and grated chocolate.whipped cream
- Enjoy with croissant or pastry of choice.
If you enjoyed this, check out some more recipes from the holiday series here: